Thursday 3 November 2016

Having touble with reading? No problem!





    You are not a book fan? I will recommend you to rethink your attitude towards reading because recent studies have shown that reading can make us not only successful but also is quite healthy for us. I am personally in love with books, I read books from different genres, depending on how I feel at the particular moment or what kind of information about something want to learn.


  To confess I have a long-term relationship with books since I was a little kid and reading for me is one of the rarest pleasures in my daily life. Books are like rechargers for the brain. I feel that I actually need to read especially when I am needing some unique idea. I think that books boost the creativity in a very different way than movies. Movies for example offer the ideas of imagination of another person. On the contrary, out of the book we are reading, we are creating our own fantasy and we imagine the story in our own way. Some say that there is no substitute for reading and I completely agree with that.
    Books are lke doors to another worlds, they help us escape our somertimes boring reality. If you are tired of this one, grab your favourite book and recharge.As a proverb says" The proof is in the pudding", so the more you read,the more you will like it. I sometimes feel the same, There are moments when I am not much in the mood for reading but if I just start to read I get hooked by the story and forget about everything else and I am intrigued by what is going to happen next in the book.
 I completely understand that there are people who are not used to reading. But there are actually ways to make ourselves like books. Just think about that: it is well-known that the most successful people that helped the world to change in a better way don't spend their time watching television. Actually there are thousands of them who prefere reading books. Some say that if you want to be a leader, you should read books.


  I am not trying to tell you to read exstensively but at least to put some effort to try reading about something you really like, You will feel and think  different after that, trust me.
I will offer you here some helpful tips which will help you get an idea of what you should do to start your own reading.

1. Set a realistic goal about what you should do
If you want to get into the habit of reading you should set aside time to read. Even it is 20 minutes a day, just do it. You can even split the time into different parts during the days when you are super busy: for instance 10 min. on the bus, 10 min. at a queue and etc. Start with small steps, and gradually increase the time you spent reading as you enjoy it more.
   For example, find the appropriate time in your day when you have finished with all your tasks and may enjoy a good read. I personally cannot read in a noisy environment or  surrounded by many people. If you are from these people, in order to avoid any distractions which will''cut you off'' from your fantasy world, you can make a special quiet reading place just for you.

2. Pick your favourite topic
What you are interested in? What kind of movies do you like to watch? Consider this while choosin a book and make sure that you like the topic of it. It's not necessary to be book by the way. You can pick a magazine, or download an ebook at first if you don't want to risk the money. Don't worry if you like simple love novels, detectives, sci-fi or any other kind of genre. Just pick your own style and enjoyt the experience.

3.Make your own reading notebook
It is recommended before you choose a book to make a little research for example about the different authours, genres, etc. and make lists of the books you would like to read. Start with a book and if you don't like its style, pick another one. There is no guarantee that you will like a book from your favourite genre because every writer has its own style. Make your homework before starting your reading and choose wisely.


Reading can be overwhelming at first but don't worry, you should not give up.
I can assure you that it's worth it.

No comments:

Post a Comment