Wednesday 23 November 2016

Friendship - is it a real thing or just an illusion?



In our lifetime we meet a lot of people on our paths, some of them stay, some of them not. You probably heard that  the people come and go in your life but the right one will stay. And if they want to stay in it, they will always find a way. There is a reason why the wrong people didn't stay in your lives.


The question is does true friendship exists? I believe that it does, and it doesn't matter whether it is between women or men. To be honest, in my personal experience I have never had many friends or such that are not able to live without me. I am in fact from those type of people who are capable of spending time alone and the fact that there are not many people around me doesn't bother me too much. Also, the life as an only child has thaught me to rely much on myself as a source of inspiration and behavior example. I do have idols, such as every other person in this world, but they cannot influence in such a way as brothers or sisters do. I think having brother or sister is like having a friend, and I compensated for this lack with finding more friends.

I lost most of the friends that I have made but I learned valuable lesson from this. Not all people are going to like you and that's ok. My friendships have not been all necessarily true but I was still happy to have them. They are few, but we value each other and feel comfortable being together. I don't think that the number of friends increases happines, but there are people who think in this way. Even if you have just one friend, make sure that it's a real one.

Most of us probably have met this type of people that are fake friends and only use the friendship with you for a personal advantage. They play roles with those that they don't like and just use them to reach their goals on their path to success. We should beware of these people  and do not let them destroy our lives and fill us with their negative energy. You have perhaps heard the theory about energy vampires who suck out all of our energy. I don't believe in this, but I have personally met such people that are too negative and critical in their thoughts and so they influence you to some extent. We should not let us negativity impact us. In this case we should always try to keep friends that influence us in a positive way and most importantly share our interests. But where to find them if we don't have any? Now we have more opportunities than ever to find friends. You know that some people even marry to people they had met on the Internet.

Personally, I think that the advancement of technology can become a threat to friendship if it's not used appropriately and in a moderate way. On one hand, our computers and smartphones definitely help us communicate more and stay connected with our old friends. But I think that this way of communication isn't genuine. Where is the human connection when we speak  with them mostly through facebook, skype or other media? There are circumstances which require this type of communication, but it's not right to do this on a daily basis. When I see people sitting in a restaurant or some friends hanging out and looking at their smartphones and I cannot help asking myself what happened to the old-fashioned friendship?

What is wrong with  enjoyng the present moment and just the fact that you are with your best friends makes you happy. I remember the past when I used to hang out as a little kid with my friends. We don't have computers and only few of us had mobile phones. We stayed together and talked for hours.What will happen with our communication in future and especially what will happen with friendship? Does our way of communication will separate us?  I hope that it won't because it will be very sad that in order to enable communication between people we actually hinder it.

Some even say that enemies are important too, so that we realize who are our real friends and who we can rely on. It is usually during our hardest times when we come to know whether we have real friends or no.

I think that friendship should be all about mutual interest, understandment, help, happiness, accepting the other person as who they are with all their flaws. My friends don't try to shape me and I don't try to change them too. We enjoy each other's company and always help each other when we can. I will say that with time as we grow older we spend more less time together because our responsibilities have increased and we are more busy. However  this fact has urged us to treasure even more these rare moments of being together.

Finally, I think that our modern way of communication is creating some issues that we have to solve. Our world has changed and consequently friendship has changed with it too.





No comments:

Post a Comment